Let’s get to know each other with our next activity called “4 windows of life” in an upbeat, highly excited tone. “Yeah, that’s sounded a lot like me”
“You have to fill out 4 sections of your paper based on the category that will help us to know you better using your own words
First part or window of your paper, list down 5 different facts about you. Something that is not included in your resume or the ‘usual suspects’
…. That’s my first activity to every class I handled. For the first 5 minutes, I let them set the mood with the training environment and the main goal of this activity is to break down the wall from each other. Trainee to Trainee and Trainee to Trainer.
I’ve handled hundreds of classes already within my 6 year tenure as a Trainer and I have to say that this has a 98% success rate to get the buy ins of the class and to also have an overview by 10-20% the personality of the person speaking in front of you. This is definitely my class’ ice breaker.
I never really had a chance to think through my list. Maybe because I was the last one and we needed to take our break and keeping them folks for another minute after the first 20 finish, is a training suicide already. So I just smile and assure them that I am human and tend to bite when needed hahaha!
I thought of sharing my list here in this blog and instead of giving 5, I think I’ll pitch in 20 just because.. I may need to know myself a little better too! Ha-Ha!
1. December 21, 2013 when I had my own guardian angel. My Mother who succumbed from rectal cancer
2. I am bisexual. I had relationships with men before and now I am in a happy and contented relationship with a woman named Hazel. We’ve been together for 1 year and 5 months. During our 2nd month, We decided to live together.
3. I am a #90’s kid by heart and will always remember the culture and memories that I grew up with, which leads me to my next self fact.
4. I am Nostalgic. I always reminisce the past, how I live in it, the people with me, the weather, the emotion, my life then to my life now. The memories I’ve kept in my head created its visual every time I recollect my then life.
5. I love it when it’s raining – I am a Pluviophile
6. My typical rest day nowadays, involves home delivery, binge watches movies or T.V series, browsing the internet, read books, bond with my girlfriend and SLEEP. I used to live extreme during the weekends, but I guess it comes with aging or the so called “TitasofManila phase haha!
7. My brain pegs / celebrity crushes are Tina Fey, Adam Sandler, Kanye West, Johnny Knoxville, Saab Magalona, Marina Abramovic.
Local celebrity crushes are Raymund Marasigan of Sandwich, Annicka Dolonius, Maxine Eigenmann, Bea Valera, KC del Rosario, Felix Roco, Sid Lucero and Hazel Amparo
8. I love cheese, salad, chocolate, pasta, steak, mussels, crabs and shrimp!
9. I can’t swim. In our family, its only Mama who can and she is a great swimmer.
10. I have fears of plugging things and touching animals. I can’t touch, even a slightest damp to any even our dog Miel. I just can’t. Now, I just added another anxiety on my list. Fear of travelling.
11. I am a neat freak and I used to have OCS with the door locks, especially at home
12. Sometimes I wish I can rap
13. My playlists contain different genres of music from Local, Heavy Metal, Alternative, Punk, Trash Metal to Indie, RnB, Hip Hop and EDM. I like variations playing in my ears.
14. I love Hello Kitty (which I am collecting till now) and used to collect Tweety and Pucca.
15. I can’t sleep without a pillow pressing side of my face + my usual sleep time is around 3 or 4 am.
16. I used to design my own clothes and have it made by a dressmaker. I have a total of 6 designs made into real ones.
17. I am still an Aspiring Stylist and Indie or Music Video Actress.
18. I am a huge fan of gore films with the likes of SAW,Hostel, Hills have eyes, Wrong Turn, Cannibal Holocaust
19. I love reading books, magazine and even posters or flyers! I used to read as if I am a news anchor or radio jock that used to by childhood dream.
20. I am moody and can be very emotional. My zodiac sign is Cancer, that’s why 🙂
As I check my list again, I know that one will think that this person is moody, explorer but still scared, indecisive and melancholic. Now that I have to read it again made me realize that yes, that is totally me!
I know I may change some items anytime soon, but this should help me next time we create our 4 windows of life since I have an upcoming class! Now, all I have to do is pick the top 5. Ooh, that’s harder than creating the first 20! Ha-Ha!
You can also try to list down facts about yourself and still be amazed with what you’ll come up with!
Share it to your friends or even on this blog.
Lucky for me, I now have a decent list to use or else I might ending up saying the exact the exact same thing….
Till the next!
The Moody Mina ❤